Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Week 66 - English Class Funday

Hey another great week here in Hong Kong. This week was a little slow because of me being "transferred" but staying in the same ward. It's interesting because in our ward we have so many potentials that just haven't been taught yet, so when I was put together with Elder Rodriguez, we inherited all those potentials because the other Elders have 2 weeks left, and they are teaching the Recent Converts and investigators that already know both sets of  Elders. This next week's plan is to start teaching some of those people.

 My buddy Terrance, he's doing alright, but right now he isn't ready to commit to a date. He has already finished the entire Book of Mormon, so now we are really trying to make him act on that faith. He does want to be baptized, but he doesn't think he is ready. But don't worry he is still super solid. Ummm for anything else out of the ordinary we had our massive kids English class Funday, and it was a huge success! We got 27 kids to it, and they loved it! It was Mexican themed, and learned about the culture, and ate some tacos, and to cap it all, we had made 2 pinatas and the kids absolutely loved it! So hopefully we can get even more people to come to class, and hopefully teach some in the future. Also a water war is also in the planning stages right now for another activity! Some people have asked me how it feels to finally be with someone younger in the mission and senior companion, and my answer is " I have no idea what I'm doing!" but its a learning curve, and I'm slowly catching on to what I am supposed to do. Great things are about to take place in Ngau Tau Kok (NTK), so stand by!

 Love you all

Elder Eveson 彥長老
zone picture before transfers

I'm gonna miss the Sha Tin Elders (closing the Elders companionship)

complete chaos at the English Funday (I'm holding the pinata)

No comments:

Post a Comment