Thursday, August 10, 2017

Week 67 - Time to put on the Big Boy Pants

Wow what another great week here in Hong Kong! This week has been a lot of fun, and were able to visit so many members this last week! To start off last week we met up with Elder Rodriguez's MTC teacher, and had some lunch wit him down in central, then after that we hopped onto a ship and went out to Cheung Jau one of the outlying islands here in Hong Kong. It's a little fishing village with some pretty cool stuff, so it was a lot of fun. After that we went to our ward mission leaders home  for ward FHE (Family Home Evening) where they celebrated Elder stones and our ward mission leaders birthday only to have them find out that my birthday was the the same week. Haha it was pretty funny. So we celebrated it together and also got a nice present too( some sweet supermen socks!) Then on Tuesday there was kind of a makeup dinner to celebrate all 3 of our birthdays haha at a super good Thai food restaurant! 

We also have meeting with Terrance fairly frequently and trying to get him ready for baptism, so the only thing really holding him back is his mom doesn't really support the christian religion in general, so right now we are talking a lot with our bishop and ward mission leader on what's the best way to help him. We all decided that we want him to invite his parents to our ward pot luck next week, so let's pray for the best! Oh I forgot to say this last week, but he's already read the entire Book of Mormon, and loves it! He especially liked Jesus Christ appearance in 3rd Nephi. Man he's so ready!

Then Saturday was a pretty cool experience I got to do my 1st baptismal interview with someone in the Sha Tin ward, and he's the coolest guy ever! So he doesn't know any Cantonese or Mandarin, he speaks some uncommon dialect in Mainland, but anyways we needed a translator, but it was super good! He has had some pretty cool miracles happen since he started believing in Jesus Christ, and overtime I asked a question about a commandment he was like "of course I'll keep it!" Yeah the guy is a stud...

To get to the title of this email,m I was pretty nervous being put with Elder Rodriguez this transfer, and becoming a senior companion because I have always been like not really confident in my understanding others, and like 40ish missionaries going home next week, and pretty much having to take over the area, but I can testify God prepares everyone he calls. Since being with Elder Rodriguez, the people I sometimes found extremely hard to understand are pretty easy now, and my speaking has skyrocketed as well. Also members are starting to realize that I'm taking over the area next week, and they are like "wow your Chinese isn't actually that bad" so that's something I've seen over this last week. So I guess that shows that if you got confidence in yourself that great things can happen!!

Today is  my birthday,  I'm just gonna go chill with my good buddy Elder Earls in Mong Kok!

Love you all, and  thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Elder Eveson

Cheung Jau caves

on a rock!


Can someone say future album cover?


 amazing drinks with Brother Lee

The squad at that Thai restaurant 

The Wong family

No comments:

Post a Comment