Sunday, August 20, 2017

Week 69 - Saying By to All My Old Comps

This last week went by like a breeze. It was the usual eat until we throw up because the members wanted to say bye to Elder Jensen and Stone, but Wednesday was the best! me and Elder Jensen went on exchanges to have dinner with our favorite guy Bishop Yu back in Tuen Mun ward. Gosh I love that guy! I never received so much good advice from any other person. It was also super good to hear what has happened in the ward since I left 5 months ago. The super less active guy who hadn't come to church in 30 years bro Yiu, and had alot of commandment problems is now fully active in the ward, has the Melchizedek Priesthood, and now is a High Priest! My good friend Chan Lok Yuen recently submitted his mission papers! My good friend Helaman that graduated from college like 5 years ago and hasn't doesn't done anything since now has a full time job as a English teacher! His younger brother A-Him who got off his mission like 5 years ago and hasn't done anything since is going to BYU-Hawaii this week! Their little sister who I have never met has started coming back to church! and a couple of LA's have told the bishop and the missionaries they want to start coming back to church!!!!! Like I saw these people start to change when I was there, and it was super awesome to see that their lives have improved even more since I left. Yes as missionaries we are supposed to find the prepared people, but we are also supposed to build up the kingdom of God by building up the members as well, and it's amazing to see these people change.

Then on Thursday I had to say by to some 30ish missionaries, all off them over the last year I have become good friends with. It was super hard to say bye to them all and to see the experience in the mission take a massive dip. I am now the 7th oldest missionary experience wise, and there are only 9 Elders in the mission with over a year of experience in the field, so I'm excited to see what happens and to watch the younger missionaries grow. Oh then right after that our stake had a fun war games activity where I got to pelt the young men and President Mak with arrows, yeah it was super fun, and became better friends with our wards' Young Men!

Saturday we attended a members mother's funeral, and we had the chance to sing there. During the members talk I was expecting a lot of tears, but there wasn't really any. Bro. Cheng when he spoke about his mothers life he was super calm and he shared his testimony of the Plan of Salvation, its amazing how our heavenly father prepared this perfect plan for us, and has promised us that we will all live again, and be able to see our loved ones again. If anyone wants to learn more about this plan just ask me and I'll be glad to explain it, or find someone to help!

Yesterday at church we got a lot of support from the ward, and its good to have their support despite losing 2 zone leaders and experienced missionaries, but this transfer should be fun!

love you all!!

Elder Dylan Eveson
彥長老

Pday meals!

I ate snake for the 1st time!

and Turtle! (Turtle Jelly, not really)

Bye Bye Comp. of 6 months and roommate of 11

Bye Elder Smith!
couldnt find Elder Stone so no selfie with him, but use this last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment