Sunday, August 27, 2017

Week 70 - 1 Week 2 Typhoons

Yeah this week really didn't go like we wanted it. There were 2 typhoons this week, and it really disrupted our plans for the week. We weren't able to meet with a couple of investigators and less actives that we wanted, but no worries they are already scheduled for this next week!

I guess I'll start of with last Monday. So for Pday I got together with 3 other Elders companionship, and we just played some basketball in the Kowloon Tong chapel, and not to brag or anything, but that was the best I've played since like before my 1st major knee injury. I was just feeling it from the 3 point line, and was actually able to get to the hoop like I used too! It was alot of fun, and I got to play with an Elder from North Carolina who like has played against top 10 NBA draft picks, so it was fun to play with someone of that caliber even though he hada  really off day.

Then Wedesday apparently was one of the biggest typhoons ever to hit Hong Kong. It was a level 10, and we were stuck in the apartment most of the day trying to do something productive. My mom told me there was about $8 billion HKD worth of damage here, and that's like a little over 1 billion USD. Man that's crazy in my area yeah there were some big trees that came down, but apparently the island and Maccau got smashed. Luckily all the missionaries are ok.

This week we were finally able to give one of our investigators a BD (Baptism Date)!! He has changed so much since I met him 5 months ago, he has honestly changed his life so much, now he just needs to stop smoking then he's good! so keep praying for him.

We also met with a new guy this week, and he seems like he has some potential, so good things are happening in NTK!!

Love you guys hope to hear from you next week!

not alot of pics, so sorry....

Elder Eveson





No comments:

Post a Comment