Sunday, April 2, 2017

Week 48 - Starting from Nothing

So before I get into anything about my new area I'm gonna talk about my last couple of days in Tuen Mun. Let's just say I felt like Kobe Bryant during his last season and his "farewell tour". I called like every member in the ward to say bye and they all turned into conversations, which took valuable packing time in the afternoon. I met with so many members my last couple of days we barely had time to do some personal study. Then to cap off the "farewell tour" I ate dinner at the Yu's house (if i had to pick a favorite family it would be them) and had some pretty good pizza, which is too expensive for missionaries to buy. Then when I got home I honestly say I was holding in some pretty big tears, while calling the rest of the members. I was there for 9 months, and wanted to stay there my entire mission, and probably go to that ward for the rest of my life. Man I really miss that place.


But of course I gotta move on and now I'm in NTK (Ngau Tau Kok) and it's a completely different world. It's super hilly so I get tired walking around. There are like 20x more people here, and me and my comp have no idea how to get anywhere. Saturday morning we tried to get to the chapel and let's say we got lost. Also there's no light rail like in the New Territories but they got good mini bus system here. Here in Hong Kong there are 2 types of mini busses. One has a green roof, and one has a red. The green roofs are ok and run by like a public transit company, but in NTK area they are all red tops. These busses are ran by the Chinese triads (you know the gangs up here) and let's say every time we go to church we fund the triads haha)

Our first coupe of days we're a lot of just sitting around at our desks trying to figure it out what we are doing because me and Elder Stone are opening a new companionship. We had a area book some LA's, a member book and a German who is still being trained in the area (Elder Egen), and knows most of the area. It's almost like we are whitewashing haha. Yesterday at church it was good. The members really welcomed us and we had the chance to share our testimonies during sacrament meeting. The ward is pretty small, even smaller than Tuen Mun ward, which I already thought was pretty small.


We did meet with a former yesterday, and guess what???? He has a baptismal date!!! so good things are coming!!! (His name is Bro Wong and he ended up being nuts and we think he was bipolar or something)


Love ya all!!!


off to climb a rock!!! (Lions Rock)

Elder Eveson

Yu Family

Me and my buddy Lok Yuen
Last District Meeting
The gate broke in new Ngau Tau Kok Apartment, we have to figure it out how to open it.



Recent Convert Sister Chan
Fam

No comments:

Post a Comment