Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Week 50 - Read The Book

Wow another great week in NTK!!! I can see some good things coming in this area in the near future. The other NTK Elders have a solid teaching pool with like 2 baptismal dates and another solid person who will be baptized soon. Ummm me and Elder stone are building up a pool of formers, and we are meeting with a guy tonight who I think who could have some good potential so good things are coming along. (The guy was named Ray. He would just read the book of mormon and google anti questions to ask us. We were able to answer all of his questions, but it was useless. We met with him probably for 2 months, but during that time he read a lot of the Book of Mormon, but refused to pray. He had 0 faith and didn't even want to try. He became more and more rude to us and some members in lessons. It got to the point where we called him out for being rude, lazy, and dropped him and all contact with him. Elder Stone kind of liked him because he (elder Stone) has a lot of knowledge of the scriptures, but after a discussion we both agreed to drop him.)

I also had the great opportunity to have our transfer interviews with President Lam, and even though it was short i did get some very good counsel from him, and just simple plain ideas on finding people that I never thought of. 

And then this weekend was what we call "The Super Bowl for Missionaries" AKA General Conference which was straight fire and I honestly learned so much. and it was kind of interesting because I sat right behind President and Sister Lam just seeing how they react to some of the talks, and something President Lam brought up was John 3:16 was quoted 4 or 5 times throughout the Conference, and he found that interesting and I might see a future Zone Conference theme in the near future. It is always great to hear from the Prophet himself when he share a short simple testimony of the Book of Mormon, so everyone who gets this email JUST READ THE BOOK!!! That's a regret I had growing up because you can honestly learn so much by just reading like 10 minutes a day!!! So that's my challenge to all of you read just 10 minutes a day!!!

Yeah that's all I got. Oh, if anyone hasn't seen the churches new Easter Mormon message I encourage you all to watch it on Mormon.org.

Love you all and talk to to next week!!!

Elder Eveson

No comments:

Post a Comment