Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Week 51 - Easter



Hey everyone!! Another great week in NTK!!! To start things off last Monday we went out to lunch with another 6 Elders and  a member from Ma On Shan (Yoshi) and went to a super nice German Restaurant. Let's just say we had meat for days and it was probably some of the best meat I have eaten in my entire life. I can say now I am a fan of German food!

Then on Monday night I found out I was going to go to Sha Tin on exchange on Tuesday morning. So that morning I packed a days worth of stuff and went up there with Elder Leong (he's from Malaysia) I went to their district meeting up there too, and I didn't know a single person in the district, but throughout the meeting I figured out that these missionaries are pretty cool and a lot of fun. That day we visited a family and shared a message with the sisters in the area. The young couple son was the craziest kid I have ever seen. Let's just say in our 30 minute visit he got about 1000 pictures(not exaggerating) of all the missionaries haha. We also taught a investigator the Plan of Salvation and agreed with all of it! (She later got baptized! only to realize she was actually baptized 30 years ago haha! She didn't remember doing it haha!) It was a fun day. 

On Wednesday night before the re exchange Yoshi called us up again and took both companionship out for lunch again!!! That man is crazy(rich and nice) and you gotta love him!!! 

The work is slowly moving forward. On Saturday the other NTK 1 companionship will have a baptism, and actually next week we are having a state baptismal service where like 7 or 8 people are getting baptized!! #So Powerful!!! Me and Elder Stone got our set of investigators but we both think these people are gonna need some time, but we are hoping that we can help them.

OH YA and Sunday was Easter!!! To make it even better we got to watch the General Conference Priesthood session with the rest of the zone. It was kind of funny because the Stake forgot an English file, so all the Elders had to pack into the mission office and watch it on the office Elders' computer. It was actually a pretty good setting. I had a nice spot on the couch and all the other Elders had super nice office chairs, so it was super comfortable and we got to watch conference it was almost like watching it back home!

If anyone hasn't had the chance go to mormon.org and watch the churches Easter message #princeofpeace. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice for each of us, and I know if any of you are down or struggling in life he is just ONE prayer away and I know he will help you overcome all your challenges.

Love ya all

Elder Eveson

German Food with Yoshi 


Lunch with Yoshi

Ngau Tau Kok Apartment


No comments:

Post a Comment