Saturday, March 25, 2017

Week 47- End of an Era

Well it's sad to say, but my 9 months in Tuen Mun are up. About 5 minutes before I walked into the library to email, Elder Smith gets a call from the zone leaders, sits down in the MTR station and I just walked away in fear. After the call he covers up our companionship and tells the rest of our district, and then uncovers Tuen Mun, and I didn't see my name in the spot. So yeah I'm opening a second Elders companionship in Ngau Tau Gok. Umm I was pretty sad, actually I still am, but when I found out who else was moving to the area it was alot easier to take in because Elder Jensen (my trainer) is going to be in the other Ngau Tau Gok companionship!!! and my buddy Elder Hansen is moving to the office which is also in my zone, and if my MTC comp Elder Earls doesn't move he will also be, so it should be alot of fun! So yeah lets end that part.

2nd this week we had Zone Conference and President Lam said some really bold things during that meeting. He pretty much said don't ever go street finding, and to visit members and teach them to build up trust and eventually get their friends involved, and to do the street contacting between lessons. It was pretty bold, but he quoted prophets the entire time saying the members really need to step up their game when it comes to missionary work, So I guess I would encourage everyone to invite missionaries to their homes a little more, but also bring friends too!

Me and Elder Smith also had the opportunity to teach a couple new people this week that we have found through English class, and our English class went from pretty pathetic to super popular since I've been here, and actually the last 2 months or so. I'm very happy where Tuen Mun is and I know Elder Smith will take good care of it. He's a great missionary and it has been a pleasure serving with him the last 11 weeks.

Oh I guess I can talk a little about my last pday at monkey mountain. Ummm let's just say the group of Elders I was with we got chased 3 times by monkeys and the very last time a monkey looked me straight in the eyes hissed and chased after ME. I was scared for my life because some how I scared the monkeys baby, but I swear I didn't do anything, but don't worry I'm ok.

Today gonna chill with my MTC buds Elder Earls and Cobabe and are gonna have a nice Korean BBQ, the missionaries favorite expensive place to eat!! 

Love ya all, and im excited for a new change!!
Elder Eveson
Monkeys everywhere

The Mom monkey is the one attacked me

With my buddy Carson in English Class

We made pizza in English Class

No comments:

Post a Comment