Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Week 18 - FULL COURT SHOT FOR THE WIN!!

Yeah the title for this email really doesn't mean anything other that my sweedish buddy Elder Quist hit a full court hook shot on his first try this morning. We all chased him down and tackled him. we are all pretty sure we scared some people when it happened, so it was pretty awesome! So yeah today didn't really go as planned, we kind of ended up buying new watches and went to a Museum we already went to because it was free and we were short on time, so that's my pday today!

So I am staying put in Tuen Mun this transfer, but sadly my buddy Elder McGrath is leaving the apartment. I guess the only pro to him leaving is I can take his bed, and no longer be on the top bunk!



Tuesday was kind of a stressful day because I knew I was gonna go on splits with a Priest and had to take the lead in the lesson, and I was super nervous, and still don't really know the language, but everything worked out great because we got a baptismal date out of that lesson! Then Elder Jensen's lesson went on to be 3 hours, so I sat outside the door and did flash cards for another 2 hours, and no I didn't break the rules of being alone. The door was open and I sat outside, so we were within sight and sound, we just didn't want me to disrupt the lesson.
We did get 2 new investigators this week their names are June and Mrs. Tsang. They are probably in their 50's but they both really want to learn about the gospel and they feel like their churches now just aren't true and me and Elder Jensen are like YESSSSSSSSSS they want to learn!! We both feel they are super prepared, We are excited to where things will go in the next couple of weeks! 

(It's me again 3 years later! so we taught sis Tsang for a long time, but she never could overcome her smoking problem, and actually she has so mental issues too, but more updates will come later. June ended up turning into one of my worst nightmares! She was extremely creepy! apparently she has some rare disease where you can feel electricity through her body and was allergic to it or something. Anyways she always wore rubber gloves to avoid "feeling it". During my first lesson with her, I was saying the first vision and she interrupted me and told me to pretty much shut up, told me my Chinese sucks and told Elder Jensen to do all of the talking. He didn't really know what to do, so he kind of finished the rest of the lesson. I'm pretty sure I gave her the death stare the rest of the lesson and I hadn't been that mad in a long time. Elder Jensen just encouraged me and told me it takes a lot of time, and my Chinese was really good for how long i had been out, but looking back now he was just encouraging me haha. Well a couple of days later June called, and requested if Elder Jensen could teach with Lok Yuen on of the wards YM because she liked him when he taught her on exchanges. Elder Jensen said no and defended me like crazy. June told him she got "bad feelings" around me and compared me to the devil haha! After a 1 hr conversation and a lot of testifying, June was dropped and i thought we were done with her forever! Well 5 months later or so, Elder Jensen has left, and I was with Elder Smith, June shows up randomly to English class... I told Elder Smith everything about her, and we decided to just avoid her. Well she starts annoying us like crazy because she needed a light bulb replaced. We tried to push that as long as possible until we could. Eventually we called up a member sister Yeung to go to June's apartment with us. The entire was there was extremely weird and honestly i got "bad feelings" about this "service". Elder Smith just wanted to get it over with and be done with here. Well we get to her apartment, and she immediately slams the door in sister yeung's face and tells her to wait outside. She was a massive hoarder and her place was disgusting. I had my fist ready to sucker punch her if she did anything because we both were getting really nervous. Luckily nothing happened and she pushed us out of ther apartment the second we were done.)


June is the one in the back left


On Saturday there was a ward karaoke night and we were able to go, and got 2 investigators to go to! It was great they were able to talk to the members a little bit, and they both stayed for about a hour!
Well I'm running low on time, but love you all!
Elder Eveson
this place is alot sketchier than the picture makes it look like. This is the street where we do skype calls in Tuen Mun!


a random sign


No comments:

Post a Comment