Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 15 - Apparently there was a Typhoon

So to start of the week, last Monday night we got a text that we needed to return to our apartments immediately because there was a level 8 typhoon coming. So we all did and we got cleared to go out at around 2 the next day. Yeah it was nothing just some rain and some wind. The most damage I saw was some small trees and branches on the ground. It was a good idea to stay inside but I was kind of disappointed in my first typhoon. Oh and we had district meeting at night which was extremely weird, and me and Elder Jensen tried to stay exactly obedient and we ran a good 1/2 miles in like 3 minutes to get into our apartment on time so that was kind of funny because we honestly didn't need to.

On every Wednesday we volunteer at a a charity called Crossroads and we were assigned to clean the roofs from all the debris from the storm.Of course it was pouring, but I was smart enough to bring my raincoat, but I was eaten alive by mosquitoes which was something I wasn't expecting to encounter in Hong Kong. But yeah that was really fun to clear out drains and yes it was actually fun getting drenched in the rain. Some of the roofs had over 1 ft of water on top, and we would have to "fish around" to find the drains and grab whatever was clogging it at the time!

HK Fam
So Sunday was my birthday and I wasn't expecting much but then my family that lives in Hong Kong decided to visit me and I really didn't know how to react because i'ts technically against mission rules, but also I'm not going to tell my family to leave. It was great to see them all and I'm going to quote President Lam "yeah don't worry about it" haha. He actually knows my grandma pretty well. So yeah Sunday was actually a lot of fun, and we also got an investigator there too!! which is the first since I've been here. We are making progress!

So today is the day I'm actually gonna celebrate my birthday, I'm going to Mong Kok which is the place to buy everything, so it should be fun. Oh and also this morning we had a trainer trainee meeting and I got to see all my MTC friends again!

Also this week we finally got our numbers up to where we wanted to be. The last couple of weeks we struggled to get lessons, but the last couple of days have been crazy. Friday and Saturday we taught 7 lessons in 2 days, That's not very common here in Hong Kong!!

So that was my week I love you all and thanks for all your love and support!


inside my apartment


My MTC friends buds

No comments:

Post a Comment