Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 17 - First Transfer Check!

Well tranfers are this Wednesday, and I'm probably staying put in Tuen Mun, but everyone in my apartment thinks I'll be on the move to Macau because very few people are allowed in. You either need to be from Hong Kong, or England to stay there more than 1 transfer, and even though I am neither of those things I have a Hong Kong permanent residency card, so wouldn't have any visa problems and could stay as long as they wanted me. and an Elder there is going home and the only person that I know of that can go has already been told he's staying, so yeah. It's actually kind of funny everyone is stressing about move calls and I'm like if I leave I'm going to Macau which is where every missionary wants to go haha. Also Elder Jensen is now the district leader in a new district in our zone, so just our companionship is getting pulled out of our current district and we will be with the other Mandarin Elders, which kind of bummed be out because I loved my district, this transfer and district meeting will not be as fun anymore. (I stayed with elder Jensen for 6 months haha)
We are not fighting, just try to take a cool picture by the harbor
So this week I had dinner at members' apartments for the first time on my mission and they are so much fun! On Tuesday we went to the Lo Family's place and Elder Jensen didn't tell me what I ate until after I ate it, and it turned out I ate pig feet for the first time, and I kind of freaked out a little bit and the members started laughing but the rest of the food was really good. on Thursday we went with the Castle Peak Bay Elders to a member in their ward and the food was really good, and it was the fullest I've been since I got to Hong Kong. When I was full the member would yell SIHK DODI!!! which means eat more and yeah I ate alot of food that night. We actually had a really hard time getting into their apartment. So here in HK every building has wannabe security guards and they really hate missionaries because they think we'll knock on every door which is "illegal". Well anyways the guard refused to let us into the building and kept yelling at us to "get lost" and I'm pretty sure they called us a "cult" too haha. The Castle Peak elders were yelling back saying we were visiting a member but other people in the lobby kept yelling at us and telling the guard to not let us in. After a minute or 2 of arguing someone else needed to get in and we walked in with them. He still refused to let us up and refused even to call up to the room to ask them. So we called the member and they sent down their neighbor's daughter (also a member) but he still wouldn't let us up! It was because we weren't going to "Her apartment". So the member eventually came down and absolutely chastised him before we went up. Yeah he should probably get fired for the scene he created!

Oh and last  Monday after a lesson with a recent convert Brother Tam took us to a super good Chinese plate near the church and it was one of those places where they give you a pot of boiling hot water and you clean your own dishes!! That's how it's done in China!  And what's crazy this was the first week I had meals with members at a place other than McDonalds and it happened 3 times!

Even though we only taught 4 lessons this week we were  constantly busy. Absolutely no time for any finding this week. I taught English class pretty much by myself on Friday because Elder Jensen was helping someone the entire time. It went really well and was a lot of fun as usual. When we had time with 1 on 1 with people I was able to have a real simple conversation with a recent convert named Jacky who is 12 and we like to mess with each other.  Then on Saturday we had a Stake activity and my now former district  did a Pokemon skit. I threw on a Brazil jersey and called myself Pikachu, Elder Tseng grabbed 2 spoons and called himself Alakazam, Elder Jensen dressed up as a rattat and dressed as a rat, and Elder Chen had a dinosaur costume, and he was a random Pokemon! Pokemon Go is really big here right now, so that's the reason for the skit.

Today it's one of those chill p days, we're just gonna hang out with some Elders in our area and are just gonna hang out all day in a mall for Elder Oquist's birthday!

Love ya all and thanks for all your love and support!

With Brother Tam

The Chinese charter means Tragic and that's why I had sad face

With Loh Family
Tyler from Hung Shui Kiu Ward

Our Pokemon skit

At Hong Kong Museum

TST

Elder Eveson

No comments:

Post a Comment