Monday, August 15, 2016

Week 16

Well another great week here in the HK. Last Monday our adventures to Mong Kok were a success where I came away with 2 soccer jerseys. I didn't bring any of my massive collection with me to Hong Kong, and I have been craving some since I got here. I came away with a Brazil jersey, and a Mario Gotze Bayern Munich jersey. So that's another 2 to add to my collection of like 20 jerseys!

This week was once again very interesting. on Tuesday we had zone training and we talked about the atonement of Jesus Christ and how we can receive strength and comfort through the atonement. You can never go wrong when talking about the atonement right? Then that night was probably the funniest and grossest event to happen in our apartment. It was about 8 pm and me and Elder Jensen were about to head out and go finding, and all of a sudden Elder Oquist comes running out of his room and yelling where is the Raid!! turns out a 2-3 inch cockroach crawled out from behind his desk on the wall. As he was getting the spray, us other 5 Elders all grabbed our cameras and tried to take pictures of it and we decided to point a powerful laser at it because we have killed smaller ones with it before, and of course the big ones can fly and we all started screaming like little girls. It took a good 3 seconds of Raid on it to kill, and its supposed to be instant kill. So yeah it was pretty big.

On Wednesday when we were volunteering at Cross Roads we swept a massive room covered in dust. It was about the size of half a football field so it took forever, but as missionaries you find out how to make anything fun, but this one it was just impossible, but they did feed us some good food afterwards so I guess it was worth it.

On Saturday I went on my first exchange in Hung Shui Kiu which is the next ward over. I spent the day with the oldest missionary in the mission. No like literally Elder Tseng is from Philadelphia and is 24 was a convert at 20, graduated already from Penn State, and goes home next week. So yeah he really is the oldest. I learned alot from him in those 24 hours, and it was a lot of fun. I learned some new finding techniques with him and we gave out 2 Book Of Mormon in 2 hours. Yeah that's about how many me and Elder Jensen do in a week, so we are excited to apply what we learned.

Well today we are off to the Tsim Sha Tsui Museums for the day. Apparently they got a lot of cool stuff and they have a Pompeii exhibit right now. I've always been a nerd for old stuff so it should be fun. Then after that we are gonna meet up with a priest in our ward who is doing summer missionary for 2 weeks and we are gonna go to the Hong Kong Hollywood Walk of Stars!

L
Special fruit 

Special fruit "Dragon Eye" grow from their investigator's yard


I don't think Elder Jensen enjoy it, but I do

Love you all thanks for all the love and support you give me!!

Elder Eveson

No comments:

Post a Comment