Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 14 - War of the cockroaches

So this week was kind of interesting we kind of are in that transition mode between sets of investigators right now. We really only have 1 progressing investigators, so we spend a lot of time on the streets, but the people who sound really interested never answer their phones!! It's so frustrating!! 

 So like i said we have a lot of time on the streets, and a sisters apartment in our district has a really bad cockroach problem, so we got it approved that the Elders would go kill as many cockroaches and try to get rid of the problem. and the day we scheduled it was perfect because it was raining. We were there for like 5 hours and we sprayed Raid in every single crack in the apartment. In total we probably killed close to a thousand cockroaches at least! There was one window that we knew was really bad, and Elder Aldridge was like Elder Eveson when I spray this spot, a lot of cockroaches will fall and your gonna crush them. When he sprayed the area it started raining cockroaches and I didn't smash them because they were falling like crazy and I didn't want cockroaches falling onto me. So when I was crushing them I would slap and sarcastically scream like a little girl. We were all yelling KILL THEM!! DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY!!! It was actually a lot of fun, but I'm grateful we only see 1 or 2 cockroaches in my apartment a day. It's actually kind of sad because that was probably the nicest apartment in the entire mission. 
Old Angel Moroni
My trainer, Elder Jensen and I in front of old Angel Moroni

Today they replaced the Angel Moroni on the top of the temple which was actually really cool. I saw them take off the old one but didn't stay to see them put the new one on because they were taking forever, but I got a picture with the old one which was cool, and I saw the new one in the box. President Lam said it was probably a once a lifetime experience and probably a 1/4 of our mission was there. It was a great experience.

Last Friday I had the opportunity to go to the temple which is always a great experience especially in Hong Kong. It's a great blessing to live within a small enough mission where I can go to the temple every transfer. 

Lessons are slowly becoming better for me. I feel like I talk a little more now, and can understand a little better, but at church it's gotten to the point where I've become good friends with some members, and they really help me a lot. 

Love you all and thanks for all your love an​​d support!


Elder Eveson


New Angel Moroni


No comments:

Post a Comment