Sunday, May 21, 2017

Week 55 - Mother Day

Before I start of I would like to say Happy Mothers Day to my awesome Mom who never fails to email me every week. Well except only like once or twice but she had to work so I'll let her off the hook. It was super awesome being to talk to my family this morning and it was a lot of fun.

Not a lot of time today because well skype, So Tuesday we had zone conference and something the mission is really stressing right now is using PMG. It's something me personally have been slacking in, and I bet a lot of the mission. We had several good training on how to better use it, and we had a PMG jeopardy and lets just say the entire mission needs to start studying that book a little more haha.

We also had stake conference where Elder Meredith I think a newly called area 70 came and spoke to us. It was pretty funny when the translator didn't know what he said. Yeah that's been me a couple of times attempting to translate like a sacrament meeting to someone that doesn't know Chinese, and yes that has happened to me before. I really liked his Saturday night talk with the adults. It was 100% about member missionary work. He talked about whats needs to happen after baptism for retention which is 

1. a friend
2. a calling
3 be nourish by the good word of God

This is something Hong Kong really struggles with. I would put the activity rate at like 15%. There was also a member who shared his experience as a investigator. He said when he was 14 he went to church 1 time. No one welcomed him, or talked to him. He then went on to say he had to wait another 30 years for that chance again, and talked about all the things he missed out on during that time like serving a mission being married in the temple etc. So the message pretty much was we as members really need to step up their game in just welcoming new people to church and making them just feel welcomed.


Oh yeah I also totally saw my grandma and had a decently long conversation with her (we were early so no-one was there) funny story when Sister Lam (Mission President's wife) walked in she walked up to me and asked if I had seen my grandma yet, and before she could say grandma I held up my bag of snacks from my grandma haha.

Hey wish me luck got my 1st district meeting tomorrow!!

love ya all talk to next week!

Elder Dylan Eveson
 Is the name captain Hong Kong taken?

 It was a little windy at Lion Rock
My best buds Elder and Sister Pett who I met in the MTC, I wish they would have decided to do a 2 year mission instead of one. The office isn't gonna be the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment