Friday, May 12, 2017

Week 54

WOW another great week in the NTK. A lot great things are starting to happen in our area, and it's honestly too much for 2 Elders Companionships to handle, and before I forget to mention this again in a email Elder Cook of the Quorum of the 12 is coming to Hong Kong on the 22nd of this month and doing a missionary fireside with Elder Soaress not sure how to spell it of the presidency of the 70, So it'd gonna be a church leadership packed conference, and I'm super excited!!!

I haven't really done much yet as a district leader but its fun!

Anyways back to the week with Elder Egen moving we visited a lot of members to just say bye, then after transfers lets just say we have been super busy. So Elder Jensen is training, but as of right now I've trained him more than he has haha. I've honestly been with him more than Elder Jensen.

On Saturday I had a pretty cool experience. so Elder Jensen and Stone had meetings, and me and Elder Stone were supposed to meet with a former investigator from a couple of months ago, and then I get a text saying "hey you 2 gotta go teach him". so I had no idea how to get to the park we were meeting him at, and so I had to use a map for like the 1st time in my life. I get to the closest MTR station to the park and ask around where the park is, and they all pointed me to the same place, a massive hill with about 10 stories of stairs. then I'm like this can't be a park so I call the guy and ask if I have to walk up a lot of stairs and he said depends on which way you came. So yeah I had to walk up them all. I was pretty stressed out because I had to teach the majority of the lesson on my own, but it actually went really well. His record said he was pretty stubborn but from what I got from him was a guy that really wants to know it this church is true, but never has gotten an answer. He committed to read and pray that night!!! So cross hope everything goes well with Esme. He's pretty cool. He showed the better way to get there so I could avoid them stairs in the future! (Esme was always very polite, but never progressed. He agreed we didn't need to meet anymore.)

Then on Sunday our 10 years old buddy Jason who is a son of a LA came to church for the 1st time in like 3 years! The primary presidency before is like there's no way this kid can get baptized because his mom will never come to church and they both came!!! #miracles and they said he was super great and take back everything they said!

ummmmm then last night we went to a family in our ward who is filthy rich and invited a total of 10 missionaries to eat at their house and it was a lot of fun. There was a missionary who finished in NTK that is visiting HK right now staying at their place and it was good to talk to him a little bit, and seeing what is happening to other missionaries that have already gone home. 

SO...... yeah Hong Kong is doing good, a member has given us like 30 referrals and are trying to figure out who is going to teach who between the 2 companionship so the work is moving along!!!

It's starting to get extremely hot.

Love ya all and excited to Skype some next week!

Elder Eveson

10,000 Buddhas


visiting some members before Elder Egen left

Hey look I bought a sword last week

last day with the district





No comments:

Post a Comment