Saturday, March 25, 2017

Week 46

Hey another week down in the HK! It's been the same old same old that I usually say yeah. Actually Wednesday we had to go down to Kowloon Tong to for a self reliance training that is held every year. It was pretty good, and I guess I learned how I can improve a little bit, but it was also good to see some old friends that I haven't had the chance to see in a while, and even ran into my good friends/MTC comp/ roommate for 8 months down there as well, so it was good.

On Thursday we also had the chance to go to good old Crossroads for our weekly service, and actually last week I actually hit 100 hours of service there, so now I can get a nice shiny letter of recommendation from a world wide charity so YAY!! Also when I first got to Tuen Mun there were only 8 missionaries that volunteered there every week, and now its 22, so I think it's safe to say that the "Mormons" in 2 hours of service do more than than all the other volunteers do in an entire week haha! No wonder they keep asking for more of us! But anyways me and Elder Smith were assigned to fix up a water damaged bathroom in one of the apartments there, and you can always count on Crossroads to make work in the dirtiest of environments! But hey it's all good we can make the hardest things fun!

Then on Friday me and Elder Smith taught a BOMB English class we played the price is right and everyone loved it, and everyone thought our made up prices for items were fairly accurate except 1 member wasn't impressed with our prediction of the ping pong table. We guessed around $170 US, so what would you guys have guessed?

I guess our finding miracle of the week was we stopped this guy at the street, and the first thing he said was "I've seen you guys like 3 times this week, and I've said I was busy, so I'll give you a chance" so we talked and he went on a rant about medical stuff me and Elder Smith didn't understand, then when we asked to exchange numbers he was like na it's ok. We were pretty bummed then handed him a flier with our number. But the miracle was like 2 days later when he called us just to say "hey do you remember me??" and the end of the story is we scheduled him for later this week, so yay!

ummmm what else??? oh!! Yesterday we had Stake Conference, and it was super good. Saturday night and Priesthood session was all about missionary work, so we got to hear President and Sister Lam speak, and we were able to get our less active buddy Martin to come too! He had to leave about halfway through but he came and we were able to schedule him!!! He's the guy our bishop really wants to focus on when it comes to LA work, so I'm excited!

So yeah that was my week! sorry no pictures but I promise some will come next week! Off to Monkey Mountain to chill with my good old friend Elder Jensen, and to get attacked by some monkeys!! (I actually was attacked by one! It hissed at me and started to chase me!)

Love ya all!!!

Elder Eveson
彥長老

No comments:

Post a Comment