Sunday, February 12, 2017

Week 40- Chinese New Year

Hey Everyone so apparently I hit 40 weeks or 9 months this week, which is actually crazy. Alot of people have asked me what is my area was like this week because of Chinese New Years and to be honest it was absolutely dead. No one on the streets. The massive party was in Tsim ShaTsui where the fire work show was, but I'm to far to see them. So what we decided to do was to knock on doors of like 30 less actives to give them a little new years gift. Things didn't got as planned because only like 4 people actually answered their doors, so us and the other missionaries in the area decided to just sing in the busier area and pass out cards (outside of my area) I think we got a couple of numbers, so it all worked out.

This morning our bishop took the 10 missionaries in Tuen Mun and had some Dim Sum (Special Hong Kong Food), which is one of my favorite things, and is not the cheapest food, so shout out to Bishop Wong for be one of the coolest men alive! Then after, us and some of the members in other wards played some soccer and lets just say we got smacked by a lot of like 50 years olds. We weren't expecting anyone to be there, but eh it was fun. Out of the Elders me and Elder Fakatou held our ground and played OK but the others ehhh let's just say they were the reason we got scored on quite a bit haha. We had a good 1-2 game going for the offence, but I did miss on a open net and I was furious with myself haha. 

So yeah that was my week the beginning of the week was the same old, but A-fung is on track to be baptized in 3 weeks so YAY!

So yeah love you all!!


Singing on Chinese New Year

Dim sum with bishop Wong



No comments:

Post a Comment