Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 27 - Miracles

Well to start of this email I want to talk about an experience that happened during district meeting last Tuesday. We were reviewing everything that was talked to us about Elder Wong and I gave a little training on helping others overcome concerns. The main reason I chose that was because one of our investigators Sister Tsang said her sister won't let her be baptized and she really relies on her a lot. So I wanted some ideas from the rest of my district. Then in the middle of our role plays to help with the concerns she calls us twice ,so Elder Jensen answered it the second time, and she says that she got permission to be baptized from her sister, and received revelation on how she can stop smoking!!! We were both super happy and excited. We later met with her that night and she was super happy to share a little more, and we read Alma 32 about continuing to build on that particle of faith. and then on Sunday she came to church, and loved it! We are super excited and she gets along great with the rest of the relief society. I never knew how important member presents were until now because missionaries would come and go, but members stay. We also told her transfers were this week, and she was super nervous because she really likes me and Elder Jensen together but I'm gonna quote what she said " God knows where we need to be, so if one of you go I know another great missionary will come" She is sooooo powerful!!

On Friday, me and Elder Jensen taught a pretty bomb English class I'm not gonna lie. and we played the game telephone and when some people don't know a single word of English we were bound to get something completely different, and yes that happened. and we also had the amazing opportunity to go to the temple, and right after something crazy happened. We went to the mission office to hang out for a little, and walking back to the subway station there was a young American couple just getting out. When I got close to them I'm like "hey I know you!!" and after asking a couple of questions he's like best friends with someone that was in one of my wards at BYUI and I played basketball with him like everyday until I hurt my knee! Man small world. He told me he lives in Beijing teaching English now. It's crazy, but totally forgot to take a picture totally a Elder Eveson mistake.

On Saturday we had the 3 wards that meet in our building had a combined youth Halloween party. The missionaries planned the whole thing because Chinese people don't really know what to do but it was a lot of fun. A great missionary opportunity. There were like 7 or 8 non members there. My buddy Jacky who is 12 and a recent convert right before I got here said doughnuts on a string would be super easy and failed horribly and also said apple bobbing would be super easy and really struggled until he almost drowned himself getting an apple haha!

Transfers are this week and me and Elder Jensen are gonna stay together for another 9 weeks. that'll be 27 weeks and the end of the next transfer, so crazy!

Love you all!

Elder Eveson



No comments:

Post a Comment