Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 26 - 6 months



Well in 3 days it will mark 6 months, and it's so hard to believe!! I can perfectly remember hopping on a plane at 6am heading to the MTC. it's crazy, but not as crazy as this week has been. Last Monday we had a supper good lunch at KBQ (Korean BBQ) in Mongkok and went with like 8 other missionaries, then right after I finally bought my new suit, now just gotta wait another month before I can get it. This week was super packed with activities and a typhoon, so very few lessons were taught, but those numbers will rise next week I promise, and I can explain how awesome they were!

Mongkok, Real HK city
My favorite part of the week was we had Mission Tour where Elder Wong of the Seventy came and game us a training for most of the day. You remember like 2 years ago when General Conference talks were allowed to be spoken in the speakers first language? Well he was the first person to do it in Cantonese and he made sure to remind us about it. He also loved blasting President Lam about him going to a super good expensive school and becoming super rich, and he also made fun of Elder Earls and called him an animal that escaped from the San Diego Zoo haha.  General Authority's with a sense of humor gotta love that. My favorite thing he shared with us was us missionaries are the exact same as the stones that the brother of Jared used to cross the ocean. There were 2 in each barge and they were touched by the hand of God to give them light. He said "you missionaries have been touched by the hand of God when you went through the temple, and now you are the light in the darkness to bring these people to the promised land" that just really hit me, and helped me to even better realize my purpose is as a missionary. It was a great experience. I know it won't be the last time he will meet with us. (He kind of lives like 20 minutes from Mission headquarters in Kowloon)

Then Friday, well lets just say it was a wasted day. There was a typhoon and we were stuck inside almost all day. Nothing happened in my area, but some places had bad flooding and cars were being moved. So yeah we did some weekly planning and you can only do that for so long, so we also played some card games, so it was pretty much a wasted day because most people won't even schedule you for next week because they are afraid they'll die haha. 
Korean BBQ
So yeah that was my week

Love ya all!!
Elder Eveson




Korean BBQ in PDay

No comments:

Post a Comment