Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Week 28 - Big Transfer

 My Portland buddy Elder Cornilles is the new office Elder!
Well me and Elder Jensen will be staying another 9 weeks in Tuen Mun, but there were so many changes that happened in my zone. There were like 7 people that left, and every district has a new district leader, and Elder Jensen is also a new zone leader, so I'm going to be on exchanges a lot this transfer. We also have a new addition to the Tuen Mun apartment. Elder Mongrobang was transferred to international on Hong Kong Island and my buddy Elder Oquist who is on his last transfer is training Elder Fakatou who is from England, so I finally got someone to talk soccer with! 


Well after looking through my planner nothing really happened this week. They are filming a documentary on the church here and are following around missionaries alot, and they filmed Elder Oquist and Fakatou when they first got to the apartment. While they were in Kowloon, they told us a camera crew was coming and to clean the apartment very fast. And when they walked in my tie was down, so while I was on camera I turned around and pulled up my tie and yelled WELCOME! So when the documentary comes out I'll probably be that one Elder that is adjusting his tie haha. (Sadly I didn't make the documentary'a cut)

 Best quote ever! #teachpeoplenotlessons

Also I guess I can say this real fast but I had to teach 2 lessons with Mandarin Elders and I had to teach the entire thing because they have no idea what people are saying, and I have always struggled to understand this specific person, but the gift of tongues really does kick in when you needed it most because I understood almost everything and was able to answer all their questions with the Book of Mormon, so it was awesome. (the person was a RC so we retaught some lessons and made stuff a little clearer)

Not a lot of time left, other than I love you all!
Elder Eveson

Last Zone picture before the transfer

Dinner at the Leung's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment