Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Week 25 - Zone Training

Another great week here in the China Hong Kong Mission. Not alot to report on this week, other than we had a boss Zone training, where we talked about getting referrals for 3 hours. We even had a NCAA tournament bracket made for different ways to ask for referrals. We had to go back and forth asking "Do you know anyone" questions, and if you couldn't think of one you were out. Elder Cornilles from Tualatin Oregon took the championships. Yeah I lost in the second round.

Right after Zone Training we went to Tin Shui Wai which is like 2 wards over from mine, and taught someone who totally called us from a flier we gave them. First time that's ever happened for any missionary, but anyways it was a great lesson and she kept saying "God totally arranged this!!!" We also taught her son, and he also seemed super interested. His eyes were glued on whoever was speaking the entire time, and it was awesome. So powerful. (But Sadly when the missionaries in the area tried to contact them it turned out her son got super antied and passed it to his mom.)

Zone Picture
The only other significant event to happen this week was on Saturday I went on exchanges with Elder Stratford, one of my Zone leaders in Yuen Long and he's a Mandarin missionary. We taught a couple of lessons, and I had no idea what was happening, the only thing I was able to do was bear my testimony at the end. I did learn a lot from him though, and while on the trains going back and forth if someone didn't know Mandarin it went straight to me, which is like the first times that's happened to me, but it was a lot of fun.

The rest of the week, we met with some recent converts, and we met with our RC Jacky for the first time in a month because he is at school, and its a lot of fun teaching him. We get some laughs in, but also he teaches himself a lot which is great.

So that's my report on  the week, now I'm off. I need to get myself a new suit!!

Love you all

Elder Eveson


The Bracket

Distracted Weekly Planning

No comments:

Post a Comment