Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 23 - Trainee No More!

Very little to report this week. I just hit my 5 month mark last week, and it's crazy that I've already been out this long. Last monday we went to Ikea and had some very good food. Elder Oquist is from Sweeden  and he loved it there. So almost everything here in Hong Kong are both translated into Chinese and English, but there they had a 3rd language Sweedish, and he was freaking out!! We had some good meatballs, and we dropped some good money of food there.

Wednesday at Crossroads (a charity where Elder Jensen and I volunteer every Wednesday) was alot of fun. The rooms there have been having leaks, so one of the people in charge of fixing it was like "I know tar works, so I'm trying to convince my boss to buy more tar for this problem". So me and Elder Jensen spent a couple of hours on a room tarring the roof. It was fun and got some tar all over my legs and some on my fingers. That wasn't fun getting off, but the rest was actually fun, a lot better than weeding, that is for sure! After that, we had a zone find out in a new complex in HSK, We scheduled to be finding for 2 hours, but we spent over a hour talking to a very interesting man, and by we I mean Elder Jensen because the guy went on a 30 minute rant, and my brain can't process Chinese that long, so I got the beginning, but slowly zoned out. So there is something I could improve on. We then went on to ask him if he had any friends who might want to hear about the gospel, and he took us into the nearby shop and started introducing us to random people there haha! Most of them said they didn't even know who he was and told him to get lost!

Yeah we taught  some lessons, got Sister Tsang to a baptismal date!! Now we just need to help resolve her concerns. She loves meeting with us, and loves sharing about what she reads in the Book of Mormon, now we just need to help her stop smoking which we know she can do!

So that was pretty much my week. today we are meeting up with Elder Jensen's trainer and going to a the largest dirty mall in Hong Kong, and apparently they have dirt cheap gummy candies over there!

oh I totally forgot this week I finished training so I am no longer a trainee!!!

Love ya all

Elder Eveson

The epic walk in the ghetos of Hong Kong


No comments:

Post a Comment