Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Week 22 - Training a Mandarin?

So what another crazy week here in Hong Kong. A little miracle happened after we emailed in the Apple store in Central. We were 3 stops from Central when Elder Jensen found out he left his SD card in the computer in the Apple store. He was having a little panic attack the whole train ride back and almost died when it wasn't in the computer, but someone turned it into lost and found so everything was great!

That night we exchanged with the Mandarin Elders for 24 hours and Elder Rostedt another trainee that was with me in the MTC was my companion on Tuesday. That day, a new member who was baptized a week ago in another ward named Sister Yeung moved to our ward that day, and I was talking to the Elders in the Sgeung Shui Ward and it was arranged that we would meet her at the bus stop and help take her stuff to the apartment. I was supper nervous because I have trouble understanding older people because they slur their words a lot, and she called me and I had a mini panic attack. When we finally met with her, I was like "this is gonna be interesting" but then the gift of tongues really kicked in. I didn't understanding everything, but I got a lot of it, so we helped her move in had some dinner and went out finding. And once again I understood a lot of what people were saying! I handed out 1 Book of Mormon the 1st one I've actually handed out too! There was one person I was talking to that was normal and he was listening to me, but his friends was very interesting. She was speaking in half Cantonese and Mandarin. So Elder Rostedt tried to talk to her and me to the guy. We ended up giving him a restoration pamphlet, so yeah Tuesday was very interesting but also a lot of fun!

Also this week at crossroads, they needed some cleaning under their shipping containers, so what they did was just lift the containers with a crane, and we would sweep under it! yeah probably not the smartest thing to do walking under themm but, I'm here writing about it so we're all OK!

Another really cool thing Mrs. Tsang said we can no longer call her Mrs. and only can call her sister now haha! and she also accepted her baptismal invitation and said she was willing to try her best to stop smoking! Great things are happening in Tuen Mun! After the lesson a couple of YM from our ward, and a YW from the next ward over were studying in the chapel with a non member friend who elder Jensen actually taught a couple of times before i got to Hong Kong. We tried several times to schedule him but he was always "too busy". Well his friends pressured him into a lesson with us haha and we taught the plan of salvation. It was a little awkward but we were able to turn him over to the Butterfly elders a couple of days later!. (3 years later! his name was Tsui Chun Ho, and he is now a legit stud! He was baptized like a month later, and has stayed super active! I think he is even on a mission now!)

Then yesterday we had a 8 year old get baptized and his father called like every less active in our ward to come and we had like 7 come! it was awesome that was the first time they have been in the church in years and we looked around while singing "Nearer my God to Thee" and they were all singing! We are super excited to work with our Elders Quorum's President to meet with these people. Most of them still have a testimony, but here in Hong Kong it's work work and more work.

So thats my week! love you all!!

Elder Eveson

Me and Elder Rostedt
Also found a Lillard Jersey last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment