Thursday, June 23, 2016

Week 8 - Almost Out of Here!

I GOT MY FLIGHT PLANS!!! I leave for Hong Kong Monday morning! I thought this day would never come, but in no way am I ready to leave the MTC. I guess I know enough Chinese to get by (not true), but that is expected. I wasn't expecting to be fluent after just 9 weeks. My stay here at the MTC has been a life changing experience. I have learned so much in the short 9 weeks I have been here. My testimony has grown so much here and I have made so many great friends. 

So this week I was called as a zone leader for the last week (I was district leader 7 of the last 8 weeks), and we have 23 new missionaries coming into our zone today, so I am in charge of giving them a little orientation and welcoming them to the MTC and helping them adjust to their new life in the MTC. That also means that our zone is doubling in size in one day! And there are over 800 people entering the MTC. The curb was crazy today. With 800 missionaries coming in, that meant there were some 800 hosts waiting to greet everyone so yeah this place is absolutely crazy. There are also 171 new Mission Presidents coming in today and most of the Apostles are here too, so the main building is shut down to all missionaries. So we now have to eat our meals in the gym which means I can't play basketball anymore :(, but its all good I still love it here.

This morning our entire zone did a temple session today, that was great. I am so lucky to be able to go to the temple every week here, and having a temple in Hong Kong and being able to go every transfer. 

And the Cavs won the finals so I guess I'm still kind of mad about that. Funny story about how I found out. My companions friends was leaving so she gave my companion a box of cereal, which I was holding. when I found out Clevland won by some random Elders I threw the box at the ground and kicked it and he wasn't very happy with me. That may not be that funny, but when you haven't really seen the real world in 8 weeks stuff like that makes you laugh like crazy.  

Well this is my last email from here in the MTC, the next time you hear from me I'll be in Hong Kong!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Elder Eveson
Zone Picture

 My basketball buddy Elder Lloyd who's off to Argentina ​


more friends off to Argentina 


The man the myth the legend President Newell
Elder Eveson with Elder Lange from Germany
Zone Sleep Over



No comments:

Post a Comment