Sunday, May 13, 2018

Week 106 - The End

Well, this is it, everyone! My last email coming from the HK! The last week has honestly been crazy, and so many great things are happening in our area! To start off yesterday was a great day at church because we got 4 people there! that really just doesn't happen here in Hong Kong. That's the most I have had at church my entire mission! and the greatest part is every single one of them has a lot of potentials as well! They all have a strong desire to grow closer to Jesus Christ, and I know Elder Newbold and his new companion Elder Siddoway will do a great job and take care of these people! 

Another miracle that happened this last week was one of our new investigators this last week named A Wah. So 2 weeks ago there was a couple who came to church out of the middle of nowhere, and we found out the guy (A Wah) was not a member, but they left when the second meeting ended, and I was actually really mad! But then yesterday before church we were told by the bishop that they were coming back, and A Wah said he would have interest in taking the missionary discussions, so we taught him right after church and he's a pretty chill guy! (He eventually got baptized! according to Eunice) Then after that lesson, I found out a member of my ward also got his mission call! His mom is actually good friends with my mom growing up, and she has wanted him to go on a mission for well like 5 years haha, and he got called to Hong Kong! The entire ward was there, and they went nuts, and his reaction was like "Well alright then". I'm pretty excited for him.

This week I have also had to say "goodbye" to a lot of people. It was pretty hard, but yeah it's crazy I'm going home....

The rest of this week we are visiting some members for dinner, and meeting all of our investigators all 1 more time. I've had a lot of fun here in Ma On Shan. I've seen the ward go from absolutely no faith in missionary work, and us with no investigators when I got here to 4 solid high potential people who are willing to come to church, and another 4 who I think someday can also get there when they build their faith, and the ward now is full of energy towards the work, and I don't even need to talk to investigators at church because they are always with a member! 

The last 2 years and 3 weeks have been fun, and I have learned so much, and I guess I will see a lot of people in a couple of days!

Love y'all!

Elder Eveso

Sister Ng, Woo, and Lai from NTK came down to visit me before I left!

My buddy Hughe

I got attacked by the English class students when they found out I was leaving
Nephi got his mission call to the best mission, HK mission!

My buddy/ investigator A Hin



1 comment:

  1. Belief is the reason we go on a mission. It is the motive for preaching about Christ and sharing/Proclaiming his love. Faith is understanding we are children of God and our Heavenly Father. May this definition of faith bless you in your life. Faith is defined again and because faith has an inherent joy it gives us a solid foundation that we finally have the peace we have been searching for.

    "Many believer's feed themselves on what God hasn't done. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I create the atmosphere for the spirit of offense to arise and to thrive. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I legitimize unbelief. I live with a sense of justification, for not believing God.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance. even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance

    Heaven is a place where everyone is celebrated, some are more honored but everyone is celebrated. All men and all women shall be judged on the light which they have received. Heaven is a permissible culture. God's nature is eternally permissible. These statements protect us from credit.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance, even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done. Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance. Faith doesn't deny a problems existence, it denies it's influence. He or she was someone whom aridity and desolation never disturbed for he or she had a deeply rooted, and a vigorous faith.

    Now we can act as we have always dreamed. Now we can act as we have always been. Now we can step into the light and gather the sunlight instead of blocking out our possibilities. Instead of blocking out our joy. Variety will bloom in/under the sun. We can show off our best, we can enjoy other people's gifts. We can blossom where we stand upon the joy that faith provides us. Upon the joy that faith inherently has, which blossoms the entire field of flowers"

    .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYaxabUfkA - The Definition of Faith

    ReplyDelete