Sunday, May 6, 2018

Week 105

This week was another one of those "we didn't do that bad this week" weeks. We were able to find 2 new investigators this week! The one with a lot of potential is named "Betty" so when I stopped her we actually talked for like an hour and she talked a lot about how she felt she needed to start going back to church, but the reason she stopped was because all of them were fake! Then a couple of days later, we were able to share the restoration with her, and when I asked her how she felt, she said "I believe it's true!". It was one of those miracles because we were walking the streets for like 2 hours and hadn't stopped a person, then on the way home, we found her! Then she came to church on Sunday, and it just happened to be a broadcast from Salt Lake specifically for Hong Kong and Taiwan, and she loved it! I'm excited to help her to continue to develop her faith in the restoration! ( I've been home for a little over a year now, but Betty ended up being great! She got baptized a couple of months after I got home and has stayed active since. Every once in a while she will whatsapp me thanking me for finding her on the street!)

Then on Thursday, I had an experience where I was pretty scared for my life! Me and Elder Newbold were street contacting and ran into a super cool kid named Lishawn and the kid was just loving us (we are meeting him tonight for the 1st time!) but after we met with him we didn't want to walk back the same direction, so we kept walking straight and ended up in a pretty sketchy area. So when we turned around we accidentally took a wrong turn, and walked past some older people who I'm pretty sure were drunk. Then they started yelling at us "AYYYY HELLO!!!" because well we were the white people then we saw one get up and start walking towards us and the second we turned a corner we booked it into a full on sprint into the woods! Then we found out it was a dead end, and it was this sketchy "fort like place" I had ever seen with a tarp as a roof and a dog barking at us! so I was ready to smack this guy and run! Well it all turns out they were telling us to get lost and that sketchy place their "home" and they said "look at the signs that's private property" (there were no signs in sight they pointed at a tree)  I still don't 100% believe them but once I was once again out of sight we booked it again! Well that was fun!

So yeah, that was my week love y'all and talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Eveson

Yoshi took us to a cool Korean buffet! He's a legend!
gotta love biking!




No comments:

Post a Comment