Monday, December 25, 2017

Week 85 - MLC

Well this was a pretty fun week here in Hong Kong. A couple of cool and interesting things happened this week. Well let's start off with the good stuff. On Wednesday we had MLC (Mission Leader Conference) and that was a lot of fun we got into a big discussion on obedience and also on are we doing what Elder Evens taught us 1.5 months ago by talking to everyone and asking 100% for referrals. When I looked back at myself, no I didn't do that especially on the subway standing next to thousands of people on a single train. That's something I've become motivated to do better at, and even though I haven't been able to receive any numbers on the trains I have talked to several pretty cool people on the trains. Also during MLC we had a nice surprise, one of my last companions Elder Smith (now Calvin) was in Hong Kong for 1 day and I ran into him in Kowloon and I was super excited! Then that night I had a missionary meeting with the Stake President to discuss the status of the zone with him and that was also pretty fun. I said some things I didn't even know I can say! I had to lead most of the meeting because my ZL (Zone Leader) companion Elder Taylor has been here this area for a week haha. He was super stressed out!


On Thursday things got pretty interesting. Me and Elder Frey witnessed a mugging and a old man getting beat up by a couple of thugs, and even though hundreds of people saw it we were like the 1 of 3 people who waited to talk to the police, so I was interviewed for like a hour in Chinese about what happened! Yeah that was pretty stressful but I can check that off the bucket list!

On Saturday the Zone sang Christmas songs in a mall and that was a lot of fun. The best part was people actually thought we were good haha! Then Sunday was also pretty interesting we met with a new guy who turns out to be completely nuts we met his 4 personalities haha. That was also a experience to remember haha.

Well that's it, love y'all!


Elder Eveson

 me and Calvin! (he went to Malaysia for the weekend and had a layover in HK for a day)

The trio all made it to MLC!

No comments:

Post a Comment