Saturday, December 2, 2017

Week 82 - Finding

Wow another great week in the Hong Kong. The weather is now finally starting to cool down now. It's down to a low temperature of 19 degrees Celsius, which is like 65ish in Fahrenheit. but I love it! Finally I'm done with sweating 24/7!! Yeah if you didn't know I prefer cold over heat any day. This week we were able to get a new investigator named Ken he was found from a potential sheet from 2014 haha.  I was super surprised he remembered us and even met with us 2x! He's pretty chill, so he has already committed to come to church this coming Sunday, so we will see what happens, but I've already seen some cool things happen and having more people to teach since I started training. 

This last week we also tried to basketball finding again with the same group of kids from a couple of weeks ago, and even though it was a close game the Elders came up on top again, but this time after the game we were able to actually talk and get to know them a little better, and we even ran into a LA from like years ago and played with him a little bit as well, and somehow we were also able to get them to play soccer with us, so the hope is in a couple weeks or so we can get these kids listening to lessons some time soon. Sadly my jump shot was pretty cold that day, but I did get some nice drives to the hoop against these kids, and actually dribbled through like 5 people to score a goal in soccer too haha.

Then last Friday we had the chance to help paint a members house with a members non member husband, that was a lot of fun especially since I really haven't been able to any service since I got to Ngau Tau Kwok 8 months ago. Sadly you all know me there's no photo evidence this ever happened, so you're gonna have to believe me.

Then yesterday we had stake conference which was pretty good. I got to see some of the family again. I gotta see my nice grandma along with you know like all my moms friends growing up. So I got showered with food again haha.

So yeah that was the week! love y'all talk to you next week!

Elder Eveson

Got to meet op with Zero


10,000 Buddhas

It's that time of year

No comments:

Post a Comment