Thursday, September 22, 2016

Week 21

My zone handed out 604 of Book of Mormon in August
To start off the week last Monday we went out to lunch with a member that lives on the other side of Hong Kong in Ma On Shan (I'll later finish my mission here!) but is known for feeding the missionaries very expensive food. He took us and 3 other companionships to a Japanese buffet in Tsim Sha Tsui and is super expensive. It was the first time I have ever had gourmet food in my life, and we all ate until we almost threw up. I had some Kobe beef, Caviar, King Crab, Lamb, and some other really good stuff I didn't know what it was. Even the corn was amazing!

This week was probably the hottest week here. In our apartment the average temperature has been in the low to mid 90's but there is nothing I can do about that. 

This week the lessons really didn't come. We did drop one investigator (Tim) but over the last month or so he stopped progressing and only scheduled when he had English questions to ask, and he already started talking to other Elders about it too, which really frustrated me and Elder Jensen. But also this week we taught probably the most powerful lesson so far on my mission and Elder Jensen said it was the same for him. One of our investigators sister Tsang who is going through a struggle choosing the church or a bad influence friend. She went to English class she seemed perfectly normal, but when we met with her after she was just not responding to anything. Then she straight up said  some personal things that I won't say and me and our member present turned to Elder Jensen and we  were like "I have no idea what to say". I could tell he was also panicking inside a little, and he kind of eased it into the Plan of Salvation. Then I really felt like I needed to share a specific scripture in Alma 7 and talked about Christ's suffering for all of us in order to know all our phyical, mental, and spiritual pains. After that it was like something changed in her. She was more engaged in the lesson and we both felt even though that was not in the lesson plan, it completely changed to entire lesson for the better. It was AWESOME!

Sunday we had stake conference and we had 4 investigators and 2 less actives there!

Today we decided to head to the island and hangout in the main part of Hong Kong (Central). My entire apartment got super nice matching ties for like $3.75 US and just had some fun. So yeah that's pretty much my week!

Love you all
First time eat Caviar

The group in the Buffet 


Sunset outside our apartment



Ran into my grandma's friend at Stake Conference


Central





Elder Eveson

No comments:

Post a Comment