Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 38 - New Comp

Hey Everyone this week was amazing. Mainly because we saw alot of super cool things happen in the area. We have 2 new investigators and both Elder Smith and I think they have some legit potential! One, his name Agothon and he is a college student and we met him on the street and talked to him for 10 minutes or so and we scheduled him, met with him, rescheduled him and he had some super good questions. 

Then the second person we met is Brother Yiu who is actually quit a miracle. With him me and Elder Smith just had a name and a phone number we got off the street the day before and we both could not remember which person it was, and I honestly didn't remember getting the number at all. So I called him and asked if he would have time that we could meet up and we could share a message with him and he was like Sure! and i was like when!?! and he said tomorrow and I said is 8:30 good and he was like YA! and so we met him by his apartment. When we saw who it was me and Elder smith were like ooooohhhhh its him. We only talked to him for like 30 seconds and left and didn't think much of it. We went in planning to teach the restoration and as we did some get to know you questions he said he was baptized. and I asked which church, and he said yours. I didn't believe him and I showed him my name tag and he said yeah your church! and it turns out he was baptized some 30 years ago and talked about hanging out with the missionaries all the time, but like 20ish years ago had his records removed from the church because he didn't feel like he could "endure to the end" so we shared the atonement with him and he was really open about his problems. Then I shared something that was quoted in General Conference in October and I asked him if he has ever heard of it, and he told me he reads General Conference talks on his phone sometimes, and showed us the gospel library app on his phone and I was like "AWESOME" to simplify everything he came to church and enjoyed it and said he would come again next week and rescheduled! what a miracle right?!?!

Also President and Sister Lam spoke in our ward yesterday and it was super good. President Lam even promised our ward could reactivate/ baptized 30 people this year if they really believed, and put in some effort. And he also said members should feed the missionaries more and I was just sitting there holding in my laughs because I was like YESSSS!

Yeah rest of the week was finding a lot of potentials. We are gonna be on the phone a lot with all the numbers we've been getting! I really like some of the ideas Elder Smith is bringing to the area, and it really is helping the missionary work even better than before!


Love you all!
me and Elder Fakatou's new onsies PJS

My new companion, Elder Smith

Elder Guinn

Elder Tsang

Elder Eveson

No comments:

Post a Comment