Monday, June 19, 2017

Week 59 - when cockroaches attack

Wow another great week in Hong Kong. To start everything off, Jason got confirmed yesterday!! Yeah love that kid, I'm really glad I got the chance to teach him these last couple of months. I've already seen the changes he and his mom have made since we started teaching them. Also yesterday our other investigator Terrance was able to go to 3 hours of church yesterday, which honestly never happens here. It's usually sacrament and then they're out. He is also the one who participated the most in Sunday school, and asked a lot of really good questions. Man this guy just needs to accept a baptismal date! We actually discussed this with him  for a little bit during a lesson. We gave him a goal for the end of next month, and he didn't accept it, but would push for that day, so he doesn't have a date, but does....

This last week I also got to go on all day exchanges with my lil bro (Elder Rodriguez) and it was honestly a very stressful and busy day. We were going back and forth between places had to throw together a last second English class, and to cap of the day walking back to the mini bus home I got attacked by the biggest cockroach I have ever seen. so in Kwun Tong it's a pretty dirty area so there are a lot of cockroaches and rats, but when I was in the middle of the street I felt something tickle me on the back of my neck. I did a pretty crazy dance and turned around assuming Elder Rodriguez was messing with me. When I turned around I realized he was like 10 feet behind me, so I started freaking out again. Once I stopped he gives me a "what are you doing, look" then his eyes just grow and he yells "DONT MOVE!!" he runs up to me slaps the cockroach off my neck and killed that thing right away. Yeah it was like 2-3 inches big. I honestly wish someone got that on camera,so that's the story of how I almost had a heart attack.

Transfers are happening this week. Nothing really happening in my zone, just people going home. It's the start of the wave of 60 missionaries going home in a 2 month span, so the next couple of weeks should be interesting!

Love yall!

Elder Eveson 彥長老

English class

No comments:

Post a Comment